||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Shortleaf pine restoration and ecology in the Ozarks: proceedings of a symposium
Author: Kabrick, John M.; Dey, Daniel C.; Gwaze, David
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-15. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 215 p.
- Historical and social factors affecting pine management in the Ozarks during the late 1800s through 1940
Cunningham, Robert J.
- The historical ecology of fire, climate, and the decline of shortleaf pine in the Missouri Ozarks
Guyette, Richard P.; Muzika, Rose-Marie; Voelker, Stephen L.
- Shortleaf pine composition and structure in the United States
Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark; McWilliams, William H.; Sheffield, Raymond M.
- Genetic variation in the southern pines: evolution, migration, and adaptation following the pleistocene
- Forest stand dynamics of shortleaf pine in the Ozarks
Larsen, David R.
- The importance of shortleaf pine for wildlife and diversity in mixed oak-pine forests and in pine-grassland woodlands
Masters, Ronald E.
- Restoration and management of shortleaf pine in pure and mixed stands--science, empirical observation, and the wishful application of generalities
Guldin, James M.
- Successional trends of six mature shortleaf pine forests in Missouri
Stambaugh, Michael C.; Muzika, Rose-Marie
- Shortleaf pine: a species at risk?
Tauer, Charles G.; Xu, Shiqin; Nelson, C. Dana; Guldin, James M.
- Tree species associations of Pinus echinata mill. over a large-scale sampling regime on the interior highlands of Arkansas
Rosson, James F., Jr.
- Genetic improvement of shortleaf pine on the Mark Twain, Ouachita, and Ozark National Forests
Studyvin, Charly; Gwaze, David
- Performance of shortleaf pine provenances in Missouri
Gwaze, David; Myszewski, Jennifer; Kabrick, John
- Loblolly pine SSR markers for shortleaf pine genetics
Nelson, C. Dana; Josserand, Sedley; Echt, Craig S.; Koppelman, Jeff
- Chromosomal locations of the ribosomal dna genes in shortleaf pine
Islam-Faridi, Narul; Majik, M. Abdul; Nelson, C. Dana
- Shortleaf pine hybrids: growth and tip moth damage in southeast Mississippi
Lott, Larry H.; Highsmith, Maxine T.; Nelson, C. Dana
- Phylogeographic analyses and evaluation of shortleaf pine population structure in Missouri
Koppelman, Jeff; Parsons, Emily; Scott, Briedi; Collantes, Jennifer; Eggert, Lori S.; Josserand, Sedley; Echt, Craig; Nelson, C. Dana
- Regenerating shortleaf pine: results of a 5-year cooperative research initiative
Barnett, James P.; Brissette, John C.
- Underplanting shortleaf pine in the Missouri Ozarks
Jensen, Jason; Smith, Cliff; Johanson, Mark; Gwaze, David
- Underplanting shortleaf pine at Coldwater Conservation Area in Missouri
Jensen, Jason; Gwaze, David
- Direct seeding of shortleaf pine
Mann, Corinne S.; Gwaze, David
- What fire frequency is appropriate for shortleaf pine regeneration and survival?
Stambaugh, Michael C.; Guyette, Richard P.; Dey, Daniel C.
- Effects of site preparation subsoiling and prescribed burning on survival and growth of shortleaf pine in the Mark Twain National Forest: results after 20 growing seasons
Gwaze, David; Melick, Ross; McClure, Lynn; Studyvin, Charly; Massengele, David
- The effects of a wildfire on pine seedling recruitment
Gnehm, Paula C.; Hadley, Brad
- Hardwood regeneration related to overstory shortleaf pine basal area and site index in Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma
Stevenson, Douglas J.; Lynch, Thomas B.; Guldin, James M.
- Shortleaf pine reproduction abundance and growth in pine-oak stands in the Missouri Ozarks
Blizzard, Elizabeth M.; Henken, Doyle; Kabrick, John M.; Dey, Daniel C.; Larsen, David R.; Gwaze, David
- Shortleaf pine seedling production and seeding trends in Missouri
Gwaze, David; Hoss, Greg; Biram, Dena
- The state of mixed shortleaf pine-upland oak management in Missouri
Blizzard, Elizabeth M.; Larsen, David R.; Dey, Daniel C.; Kabrick, John M.; Gwaze, David
- Productivity of planted shortleaf pine in artificially compacted Clarksville soil
Ponder, Felix Jr.
- Amounts and spatial distribution of downed woody debris, snags, windthrow, and forest floor mass within streamside management zones occurring in shortleaf pine stands five years after harvesting
- Wildlife diversity of restored shortleaf pine-oak woodlands in the northern Ozarks
Mann, Corinne S.; Forbes, Andrew R.
- Birds of shortleaf pine forests in Missouri: an historical and contemporary perspective
Eddleman, William R.; Clawson, Richard L.; Eberly, Jody
- Avian response to pine restoration at Peck Ranch Conservation Area
Clawson, Richard; Steen, Carrie; Houf, Kim; Thompson, Terry
- Timber harvest levels and pressure on shortleaf pine in Missouri
Treiman, Thomas B.; Piva, Ron J.; Moser, W. Keith
- Financial rates of return on shortleaf pine stands in Arkansas between 1978 and 1995
Hartsell, Andrew J.
- Branch and foliage biomass relations for shortleaf pine in southeast Oklahoma
Sabatia, Charles O.; Lynch, Thomas B.; Will, Rodney E.
- Shortleaf pine natural community restoration on Peck Ranch Conservation Area in the Missouri Ozarks
Tuttle, John G.; Houf, Kim J.
- Glade/woodland restoration in the St. Francis Mountain Bird Conservation Area
Hasenbeck, David A.
- The Pineknot project: restoration of a Missouri Ozark pinery
Ladd, Douglas; Heumann, Blane; Nelson, Paul
- Shortleaf pine-bluestem restoration in the Ouachita National Forest
Hedrick, Larry D.; Bukenhofer, George A.; Montague, Warren G.; Pell, William F.; Guldin, James M.
- The Ozark Highlands pine-oak woodland restoration partnership
Nigh, Tim A.
Description: Contains 27 papers and 14 extended abstracts from the symposium "Shortleaf pine restoration and ecology in the Ozarks" held November 7-9, 2006, at the University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in Springfield, MO.
Keywords: woodland restoration, southern pines, pine regeneration and management, tree improvement, wildlife diversity
View or Print this Publication (3.7 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- This publication may be available in hard copy. Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat. During the capture process some typographical errors may occur. Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
Kabrick, John M.; Dey, Daniel C.; Gwaze, David 2007. Shortleaf pine restoration and ecology in the Ozarks: proceedings of a symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-15. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 215 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility