||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of the Fourth Social Aspects and Recreation Research Symposium: February 4-6, 2004, San Francisco, California
Author: Tierney, Patrick T.; Chavez, Deborah J. (Tech. coords.)
Source: San Francisco, CA: San Francisco State University, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Linking People to the Outdoors: Connections for Healthy Lands, People and Communities
- Hispanic American views on the stewardship of federal land management agencies: an exploratory analysis of the Ethnic NewsWatch database
Bengston, David N.; Sanchez, Jose J.
- Ethnicity and Urban Park Use: A Cross-Cultural Examination of Recreation Characteristics Among Six Population Subgroups
- Constraints to Outdoor Recreation among Ethnic and Racial Groups
Scott, David; Herrera, Sergio L.; Hunt, Kindal S.
- Effects of Trail Information on Physical Activity Enjoyment
- An Active Living Perspective on Recreation Research: Examples of Urban Trail Use and Suggestions for Further Involvement
Gobster, Paul H.
- An Interpretive Analysis of the Relationship between Sense of Place and Perceptions of Landscape Change in a Gateway Community
Davenport, Mae A.; Anderson, Dorothy H.
- Seeing Eye-to-Eye on Natural Resource Management: Trust, Value Similarity, and Action Consistency / Justification
Cvetkovich, George T.; Winter, Patricia L.
- Community Trust in Natural Resource Agencies: Case Studies from Illinois
Leahy, Jessica E.; Davenport, Mae A.; Anderson, Dorothy H.; Jakes, Pamela J.
- Information Needs and Communication Theory at Mono Basin Visitor Center
Absher, James D.; Thapa, Brijesh; Graefe, Alan R.; Kyle, Gerard T.
- The Utah Trails Initiative: Partnerships, Research, and Action
Burr, Steven W.; Blahna, Dale J.; Reiter, Douglas K.; Butkus, Michael
- An Analysis of Participation in Bird Watching in the United States
Chi, Yeong Nain; Issacs, Jack Coburn; Icabalceta, Jorge L.; Holloway, Herb A.; Lavergne, David R.
- Recreation Connections at the Regional Level: Public Access along the Sacramento River as a Multi-agency Effort
Rolloff, David; Unger, Ron; Veerkamp, Marie Kit
- Linking Outdoor Recreation and Economic Development: A Feasibility Assessment of the Obed Wild and Scenic River, Tennessee
Sims, Charles B.; Hodges, Donald G.; Scruggs, Del
- The Meaning Associated with the Experience of a Sea Kayaking Adventure among Adults with Visual Impairment
- Learning to Live with Off-Highway Vehicles: Lessons Learned from the Dixie National Forest
Divine, Aaron K.; Foti, Pamela E.
- Applying Recreation Survey Results to Recreation Planning for Water-Based Recreation Areas in California
Duncan, Garrett; Mintz, John; Rischbieter, Douglas; Baas, John
- Using BAER Reports to Investigate Recreation Impacts of Fire Events
Chavez, Deborah J.; McCollum, Deanne
- Community Impacts from the 2003 Fires in Southern California
- Considering Ethnic Groups in Recreation Provision Decisions
Hunt, Kindal Shores; Scott, David
- Helping Youth in Underserved Communities Envision Possible Futures: A Youth Development Approach in Practice
- Introduction and Welcome Address
- An Analysis of the Motivations of Oregon's Ranchers to Diversify into Agritourism
de Vasconcellos, Fernanda Pêgas; Tynon, Joanne F.
- The Relationship between Wildfires and Tourist Behaviors in Florida: An Exploratory Study
Thapa, Brijesh; Holland, Stephen M.; Absher, James D.
- Leisure Travel, Vacations, Constraints and Visitation to Natural Area Attractions: A Comparison of Residents of Barcelona, Glasgow, Los Angeles and Morelia, Mexico
Tierney, Patrick; Barkin, David; Burnett, Katheryn; Chavez, Deborah J.; Miranda, Julian
- Building Connections among Lands, People and Communities: A Case Study of Benefits-Based Management Plan Development for the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area
Knopf, Richard C.; Andereck, Kathleen L.; Tucker, Karen; Bottomly, Bill; Virden, Randy J.
- Visitors' Characteristics, Preferences and Perception of the Impacts of Public Use at Salto Morato Natural Reserve
Takahashi, Leide Y.; Milano, Miguel S.
- Soccer Participation and Self-Concept in the Lives of Girls of Color
- Understanding Great Salt Lake Bird Festival Visitors: Applying the Recreational Specialization Framework
Burr, Steven W.; Scott, David
- Recreation in Federal Lands in Central and Northern California: A Comparison of Forest-Proximate and Distant Residents
Tierney, Patrick; Absher, James
- A Successful Replication of the River Visitor Inventory and Monitoring Process for Capacity Management
Chilman, Kenneth; Vogel, James; Brown, Greg; Burde, John H.
Description: The Fourth Social Aspects and Recreation Research (SARR) Symposium was held February 4-6, 2004 in San Francisco, California at the Presidio of San Francisco, a component of Golden Gate National Recreation Area and at San Francisco State University. The theme was: Linking People to the Outdoors: Connections for Healthy Lands, People and Communities.
Keywords: social aspects, outdoor recreation, research, public agencies, visitors, communication
View or Print this Publication (0 bytes)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Tierney, Patrick T.; Chavez, Deborah J. (Tech. coords.) 2004. Proceedings of the Fourth Social Aspects and Recreation Research Symposium: February 4-6, 2004, San Francisco, California. San Francisco, CA: San Francisco State University, Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility