||All Treesearch publications were written or produced by Forest Service personnel
and are in the public domain. You can also locate Treesearch publications by geography and/or full text searches using GeoTreesearch.
US Forest Service
P.O. Box 96090
You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Proceedings of a workshop on bark beetle genetics: current status of research. May 17-18, 1992, Berkeley, California
Author: Hayes, Jane L.; Robertson, Jacqueline L.
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-138. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 31 p
- An (Ecologically Biased) View of the Current Status of Bark Beetle Genetics and Future Research Needs
Hayes, Jane L.; Robertson, Jacqueline L.
- Qualitative Genetics of Mountain Pine Beetle in Central Oregon
Greene, Lula E.
- Biochemical Indicators of Population Status of Pine Bark Beetles
Alosi, M. Carol; Robertson, Jacqueline L.
- Spatial Analysis in Bark Beetle Research
Preisler, Haiganoush K.
- Bark Beetle Genetics
Anderson, Wyatt W.; Berisford, C. Wayne
- Isozyme Studies of Bark Beetle Population Genetics and Systematics
Stock, Molly W.; Amman, Gene D.; Barbara J. Bentz,
- Biosystematics of Ips mexicanus and Ips plastographus (Coleoptera: Scolytidae) and Their Fungal Symbionts
Wood, David L.; Storer, Andrew J.; Gordon, Thomas R.; Seybold, Steven J.; Marion Page,
- The Status of Scolytid Genetics-A Reductionist's View
Seybold, Steven J.
- Genetic Characters for Bark Beetle Phylogenies
Cane, James H.
- Cuticular Hydrocarbon Research
- Bark Beetle Genetics-An Overview
Teale, Stephen; Hager, Barbara
- Current Status and Critical Research Needs in Scolytid Genetics
Raffa, Kenneth F.
- Genetic Basis of Semiochemically Mediated Bark Beetle-Predator Coevolution: Implications for Developing Mass-Trapping Technologies
Haack, Robert A.; Herms, Daniel A.; Ayres, Bruce D.; Ayres, Matthew P.; Snider, M.L. Doozie
- Population Genetics of Spruce Bark Beetle Ips typographus (Col., Scolytidae) and Related Ips Species
Stauffer, Christian; Leitinger, Renate; Fuehrer, Erwin
- Novel Bark Beetle Research Possible with New Genetic Techniques
Hobson, Ken; Edwards, Owain
- Systematics Research
Bright, Donald E.
- Workshop Participants
Description: The Proceedings reports the results of a workshop focusing on the topic of bark beetle genetics. The workshop evolved because of the growing interest in this relatively unexplored area of bark beetle research. Workshop participants submitted brief descriptions of their views of the current status of bark beetle genetic research and needs for the future. Contributions vary from broad overviews to detailed descriptions of specific projects. A common theme is the potential for rapid advances in this area of research given recent technological advances in the field of genetics. Also included is an extensive reference list.
Keywords: Dendroctonus species, Ips species, scolytid genetics, taxonomy
View or Print this Publication (1.3 MB bytes)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
Hayes, Jane L.; Robertson, Jacqueline L., tech. coords. 1992. Proceedings of a workshop on bark beetle genetics: current status of research. May 17-18, 1992, Berkeley, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-138. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 31 p
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility