You are here: Home
/ Publication Information
Title: Scientific background for soil monitoring on National Forests and Rangelands: workshop proceedings; April 29-30, 2008; Denver, CO
Author: Page-Dumroese, Deborah; Neary, Daniel; Trettin, Carl
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-59. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 126 p.
- Soil quality: Some basic considerations and case studies
Johnson, Dale W.
- Using soil quality indicators for monitoring sustainable forest management
Burger, James A.; Gray, Garland; Scott, D. Andrew
- The North-American Long-Term Soil Productivity Study: Concepts and literature
Page-Dumroese, Deborah S.
- Soil quality monitoring: Examples of existing protocols
Neary, Daniel G.; Trettin, Carl C.; Page-Dumroese, Deborah
- The soil indicator of forest health in the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program
Amacher, Michael C.; Perry, Charles H.
- Statistical sampling methods for soils monitoring
Abbott, Ann M.
- Soil Quality Standards Monitoring Program administration and implementation
Davis, Randy L.; Sanchez, Felipe; DeHart, Sharon
Description: This workshop was developed to determine the state-of-the-science for soil monitoring on National Forests and Rangelands. We asked international experts in the field of soil monitoring, soil monitoring indicators, and basic forest soil properties to describe the limits of our knowledge and the ongoing studies that are providing new information. This workshop and the proceedings are particularly important as National Forests wrestle with determining how (or if) to modify their existing soil quality standards and guidelines.
Keywords: soil monitoring, soil quality standards, National Forests and Rangelands
View or Print this Publication (4.7 MB)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication. (Please specify exactly
which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
Page-Dumroese, Deborah; Neary, Daniel; Trettin, Carl, tech. eds. 2010. Scientific background for soil monitoring on National Forests and Rangelands: workshop proceedings; April 29-30, 2008; Denver, CO. Proc. RMRS-P-59. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 126 p.
Get the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat reader or Acrobat Reader for Windows with Search and Accessibility